I. OVERVIEW & SCOPE
Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation, of PO Box 404, ANNAPOLIS, Maryland 21404, has established an Anti-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy ("EEO"). This Anti-Discrimination and EEO policy applies to all aspects of the relationship between Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation and its officers, board members, employees, volunteers, and individuals served by Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation. These policies apply to independent contractors, temporary employees, all personnel working on the premises, and any other individuals or firms doing business for or with Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation. Disciplinary action will be taken against any agent in breach of this policy.
1. DISCRIMINATION. Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation shall not tolerate, under any circumstances, without exception, any form of discrimination based on race, creed, religion, color, age, disability, pregnancy, marital status, parental status, veteran status, military status, domestic violence victim status, national origin, political affiliation, sex, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, and any other status protected by the law. All officers, board members, employees, volunteers, stakeholders, agents, and individuals served by Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation will comply with these anti-discrimination policies. In some cases, local laws and regulations may provide greater protections than those described in this policy.
2. HARASSMENT. Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation is committed to providing an environment that is free from harassment. Any behavior that is unwanted and offensive to the recipient, which creates an intimidating, hostile, or humiliating environment for that person violates Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation's policy. Harassment can occur between members of the opposite sex or the same sex. Harassment, verbal or non-verbal, explicit or implicit, based on an individual's sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, or any other legally protected characteristics will not be tolerated. All officers, board members, employees, volunteers, stakeholders, agents, and independent contractors are required to abide by this policy. No person will be adversely affected in employment, volunteering, and receiving services from Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation because of bringing complaints of harassment.
3. SEXUAL HARASSMENT. Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature constitute harassment when (1) submission to such conduct is made either explicitly or implicitly a term or condition of employment, volunteering, or receiving services; (2) submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as a basis for participating at a Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation event or meeting or is used as a basis for employment decisions, promotion, transfer, selection for training, performance evaluations, benefits, or other terms and conditions of employment; or (3) such conduct has the purpose or effect of creating an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment or substantially interferes with an employee’s work performance or an individual’s participation. Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation prohibits inappropriate conduct that is sexual in nature at meetings or at sponsored events including the following: comments, jokes, degrading language, sexually suggestive objects, books, or any form of media electronic or in print form. Sexual harassment is prohibited whether it is between members of the opposite sex or members of the same sex.
4. STATEMENT ON AFFIRMATIVE ACTION. An affirmative action program has been developed where Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation seeks to increase the representation and participation of minorities.
5. REPORTING DISCRIMINATION & HARASSMENT. If an individual feels that he or she has been harassed as described in this policy, they should immediately report the matter to management or Brian Meyer through any verbal or written means. If that contact is not available, or if the individual is not comfortable informing this contact, the individual should immediately inform any other officer or board member. Once the matter has been reported it will be promptly investigated and any corrective action will be taken when deemed appropriate. All complaints or unlawful harassment under this policy or otherwise will be handled in as confidential a manner as possible. Timely reporting is encouraged to prevent the re-occurrence of, or otherwise address, the behavior that violates this policy or law. Delays in reporting a complaint can limit the type of effectiveness of a response by Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation. The procedure for reporting incidents of discriminatory or harassing behavior is not intended to prevent the right of any employee to seek a remedy under available state or federal law by immediately reporting the matter to the appropriate state or federal agency.
6. RETALIATION. Retaliation against any person associated with Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation who reports instances of harassment - whether he or she is directly or indirectly involved - is in violation of Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation's policies. All reported incidents are assumed to be made in good faith. Any allegations that are proven false will be treated as a serious matter.
7. DISCIPLINARY MEASURES FOR HARASSMENT. Any officer, board member, employee, volunteer, or individuals served by Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation engaging in behavior that violates this policy will be subject to disciplinary action, including the possible termination of service or employment, whether or not an actual law has been violated.
8. REMEDIES. Remedies for any instances of verified employment discrimination, whether caused intentionally or by actions that have a discriminatory effect, may include back pay, hiring, promotion, reinstatement, front pay, reasonable accommodation, or other actions deemed appropriate by Live Water Co. DBA Live Water Foundation. Remedies can also include payment of attorney's fees, expert witness fees, court costs, and other applicable legal fees.
9. POLICY IMPLEMENTATION. Implementation of this Policy will be effective as of August 06, 2020.